But, it didn't.
For this Wednesdays Walk Down Memory Lane, I want to share this video of my mom's reaction when we told her, "It's a GIRL!"
The last two weeks I've shared the birth stories of my two first born sons. And even though I haven't shared Samuel's birth story yet (and I WILL!), I wanted to share this memory since Liberty's 1st birthday is just around the corner (JULY 4th!!!)
Before you watch the video though, here's some background on our family at the time this video was taken...
- My mom gave birth to 3 girls
- Between us 3 girls, there were a total of 10 grandchildren.
- At this time, only 1 was a girl.
- That means 9 boys...(notice all the boys in the room while this is videoed!)
- My sister Marjie (who has 3 boys) is taking the video.
- We love boys, but girls are special, and obviously hard to come by around here!
So here is my mom's reaction...PRICELESS!
Did you notice her little leg kick? She used to be a NFL cheerleader...can ya tell?! (And no, that isn't a joke, she really did used to be an NFL cheerleader!!! Rah! Rah! Go Kansas City CHIEFS!)
Also linked to Mom and Me Monday at Julie's Blog