Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life at the Cabin: 13 People Living Together for a Week! (Vacation Part 2)

In my opinion, the Tennessee Smokey Mountains are one of the most beautiful places in the world!

This is the view from our cabin...(the clouds are masking the higher peaks)
We literally stayed at the tip-top of the mountain...
we were completely secluded and it was SO peaceful!

We stayed in a beautiful 3-story cabin
(can you see Samuel's little face peeking through the stair rails?)


Sleep
You may wonder where 13 people sleep in a 3 bedroom cabin...well, you get creative :)

Ryan and I's room-(lowest level)

Sarah and Chad's room (main floor)

Liberty slept in the laundry room-(lowest level)

Some boys slept on the couch downstairs-(lowest level)

The other kids bedroom-(top floor)

Samuel slept in the game room-(lowest level)

Esther slept in Sarah and Chad's huge bathroom, Truett slept in their room...and it never felt cramped...just super cozy!

Playing Around
And while they slept, we played cards...Every.Single.Night.  It was SOOOO fun!!!

My brother-in-law is one of the funniest guys I have ever known!  We laughed so hard...to the point of tears, to the point of peanut M&M's coming up my nose...you get the point :)

But we also had some really good, meaningful conversation: homeschooling, parenting, death, the love of money...and so much more!

Pool table in the game room
(the dad's loved this!)

I didn't get pictures of the other activities, like tubing in the river, but I did get some shots of the gang hiking just outside our cabin...


It was really steep and really far down...

Sarah, the two babies, El and I watched from the balcony...

We also watched a lot of movies...

While the girls did alot of chasing/hugging

Meals
To some, mealtime with 9 kids would be stressful...but for my sister and I it wasn't too different from our everyday lives :)

We planned ahead and made CrockPot meals (Cheesy Chicken with Rice, Roast, Chicken Soup over Mashed Potatoes...yum!  We all pigged out!)

The crew (minus the 2 babies, Sarah and I)
This night we had spahetti!

One evening after dinner, my sister and her hubby went into town. At 8:30pm I got my neice and nephews (the oldest 3) out of bed and gave them icecream...I mean, how could I possibly be a good aunt and NOT do this???

Huddy Buddy said, "Whoa, we better not tell mom how much you gave us!"

Another highlight of the cabin...
The whirlpool bath!  The boys loved turning the jets on!

It was just a fantastic week!  One of the best in our lives!  Thankfully, our 2 families get along SO well and our kids love each other!  The ONLY thing that would have made this trip better was if our whole family could have come!...Maybe next time!!!

Next blog post: The conference
Then: Out and About in the City ~A CRAZY, Busy, Fun day!
Then: A Breath-taking Smokey Mountain Hike
Then: The Creation Museum
And finally: The Saddest Day--Heading Home (and another hotel adventure!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun adventure! I just wanted to thank you for the beautiful comment that you left on my post. It is sooooo true! Just when I think I am confident in a decision....something comes along and makes me feel so unsettled again. I wish I knew what is right. Anyways, thanks for the comment and I look forward to reading about the rest of your vacation!
Blessings,
Nicki
daveandnickiskids.blogspot.com

Gwen T said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time - the more kids you have the more flexible you get right? :) What gorgeous scenery!

Amy said...

It looks like such a fun time! I think some of the best memories are made when you crowd people into too-small spaces! lol

Raising Saints said...

I can just imagine how cozy and fun that must have been! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

You were in East TN?!? I'm soooo close and have stayed in a cabin twice over the past couple of years. It is BEAUTIFUL and such a fun way to spend time w/ family! Looks like you had such a great time!!! You've made me want to find an excuse to go back now :-)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

The cabin and mountains look so gorgeous! And that bubble bath . . . too fun!

Amy Snow said...

That looks like a blast! We used to go to Gatlinburg every year growing up. Thanks for joining my blog. Yours is beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails